In this article, you are going to discover why Mailchimp is the best B2B email autoresponder?
Have you ever wondered what email marketing autoresponder is the most trusted and used on the market?
You will be glad to know most businesses use Mailchimp because of the value and benefits it provides.
But having used other autoresponders like GetResponse...
And GetResponse remains my top recommendation for an all-in-one marketing platform.
This study reveals what most businesses to businesses are using in their digital marketing efforts.
So what does the study reveal...
This study was done by Statista.com.
And it reveals that...
As of January 2020, MailChimp was the leading email marketing software as a service (SaaS) company, with 800 million U.S. dollars in annual recurring revenue
Statista.com// Statista Research Department
With that out of the way, I am now going to show you...
What Mailchimp is?
- Mailchimp was established by Ben Chestnut and Mark Armstrong in 2001.
- It is now part of Intuit since 2021.
- Their secret to gaining a large market share was by offering a cheaper marketing service to small businesses.
- Also by filling in the gaps that were present on the market and positioning themselves very closely with small businesses which is what their competitors were lacking.
- Using Freddie the chimp as their brand and offering an easy-to-use software.
- Mailchimp made email marketing simple, friendly, and offered a free plan, also made it a lot of fun to send out campaigns.
- Mailchimp helps you reach new customers, launch, grow, and build your business no matter your size.
- It offers delivery infrastructure.
- You have access to advanced testing tools within the platform.
- There is multi-user account access if you need it.
- A choice of different and flexible plans is available and no contracts are necessary.
- You can signup for free without a credit card.
- The focus is more on servicing e-commerce stores.
This email marketing platform offers a variety of plans and prices.
There are three categories of plans and pricing.
And they are for:
1. Email marketing
2. Websites and commerce
3. Transactional emails.
I will show you the breakdown of each plan and related prices.
1. Email marketing pricing
As shown below:
- If you only need to use email marketing and automation the prices start at $11 per month.
- But you can build an email list and email for free up to 2 000 subscribers.
- Pricing goes up as per the number of contacts and the type of plan you choose.
So if you want to have a website and run a store for example.
There is a stand-alone plan for that.
And it is called website and commerce...
2. Websites and Commerce pricing plans
They are as follows:
- There is a free plan that you can use to start building a website and launch a store and the transaction fee is pegged at 2% and you also pay for Stripe processing fees.
- A premium plan starts at $10 per month and you get more features to use and customise your website. Then you pay a 1.5% transaction fee and Stripe processing fees.
- The Plus plan starts at $29 per month and gives you access to all the features. Needed to build your website and for commerce. A 0.5% transaction fee and Stripe processing fees apply.
There is another plan for high-volume senders.
It is called transactional emails.
3. Transactional emails
Below is the pricing:
- New transactional email users have access to 500 free email sends to your verified domain.
- A block is 25 000 emails and each block is priced from $20.
- The more blocks you purchase the lesser the cost to your business.
- These blocks give you a credit that equates to the number of emails you can send per month.
This pricing and plan structure makes it suitable for different business needs ranging from an e-commerce store that just wants to manage its customers, while maximising the tools available, to bring in the highest return on investment.
To a service-based business using email marketing and websites for their customer acquisition, engagement, and business growth.
Up next let us look into the pros and cons of Mailchimp...
Mailchimp Pros & Cons
- Apparently, data does not lie.
- So it is with the findings from this study conducted by Statista.
- This email marketing software is trusted and used by most business 2 businesses.
- Making it the market leader and a go-to choice for small businesses.
- With their main focus on e-commerce stores and also offering a variety of integrations.
- Content Studio allows you to connect your Instagram by integrating your Facebook page with Mailchimp.
Based on this study, Active Campaign is the second most popular email marketing service, provider.
- Active campaign is an email marketing provider for small businesses and e-commerce.
- You can migrate for free all your lists, automation, etc
- Although there is no free plan available you are given a 14-day trial period to experience all the features.
- And see if it is the right fit for your business.
- Active Campaign comes with a CRM to help you manage your contacts and tasks.
- Also the ability to automate your email marketing, leads, and sales.
- There is no credit card required to start using Active Campaign just like it is with Mailchimp.
Is Mailchimp Legit?
This study reveals that this is a legitimate email service provider for business to business also known as B2B.
It has been providing email marketing services and other tools since 2001.
With their recent acquisition by Intuit in 2021.
This has cemented their trustworthiness if one was needed.
- Statista research department conducted this research and it revealed that Mailchimp is the best autoresponder used by B2B on the market.
- I have looked into its pricing and plans and if it is worth it?
- Mailchimp has made it possible to start on their platform either you want email marketing only or you want to build a website and do e-commerce.
- There is a generous free plan that enables you to build an email list of up to 2 000 email subscribers.
- Although to automate your email campaigns you are required to signup for a paid plan.
- Mailchimp has increased its customer base by making the platform available in 6 different languages.
- I have touched on the pros and cons and the downside of taking up a free plan if you are a beginner.
- And it is that support is limited to 30 days which I feel is not enough to get the hang of the platform.
- Mailchimp was recently acquired by Intuit thus increasing its credibility.
- Mailchimp does have a few alternatives based on the e-commerce and small business target market.
They are Active Campaign, Klaviyo, GetResponse, Aweber, and more.
- This platform is not recommended for an affiliate marketing business.
With that said...
This has been an article about why Mailchimp is the best B2B email autoresponder?
Mailchimp has positioned itself as the market leader by filling in the gaps that were available on the market.
Using Freddie the chimp and coming across as friendly and fun has made all the difference.
The platform is easy to use and the use of fun art...I hope that is what it is called. It makes you feel at ease while doing what grows your business.
So, that is all I have for you, and this study and its findings have not come as a surprise to me.
Having said that, what do you think about Mailchimp earning the top spot as the leading autoresponder used by B2B?
Thank you for taking the time to read this article.❤
You can read why I recommend GetResponse for an all-in-one email marketing software here!