This article is a GetResponse User Review Find Out If Any Good For Beginners?
You are going to discover what GetResponse is, its features, pricing, its uses, pros and cons, product or service rating, and alternatives.
I will provide you with a complete GetResponse review, of this email marketing autoresponder so that you can decide whether or not it is right for your business and any good for beginners.
The following image is of GetResponse's homepage as of 2022. You can Sign up for Free Forever Plan and upgrade as your needs change for your business.
- GetResponse is an all-in-one marketing tool that aims to provide you with complete and affordable online marketing solutions that will make you see results in your business.
- GetResponse is a flexible email marketing platform that allows you to create and send professional emails, create autoresponders and webinars without a steep learning curve.
- It is one of the leading email marketing services that provide both a free forever plan and paid plans.
- So, it is recommended to check out its features, pros, cons, and pricing before signing up for any plan.
This review will help you with this effort...
The video below will show you a brief visual presentation of what GetResponse is.
Now, you might want to know who founded GetResponse.
It is Simon Grabowski who launched this autoresponder in 1997. This platform is ever-evolving to what it is now. Where you can build and run your business all in one place.
As a beginner, you might be looking for ways to run your business that are affordable. So you might be asking yourself is GetResponse Free.
Yes, GetResponse has a FREE FOREVER PLAN.
What is the use of GetResponse?...
- It can help you build an email list and automate your follow-ups using an autoresponder.
- GetResponse offers integrations with over 400 other apps, platforms, and services.
- This means that you can easily import your contacts from any other system.
- And send emails to anyone in your customer database commonly known as an email list.
Let me answer this also by showing you some of its features aka what it does and what you can use this software for below.
Let us go into more detail about each and every feature...
Now, you can do a variety of things using different tools which I will mention below...
You are able to send newsletters, that you can easily create from scratch or by customising from prebuilt templates. Using a drag and drop email editor.
Creating lists for your customers, segmenting them, and tagging. Using the autoresponder tool to send automated messages for example welcome emails.
A/B Testing of subject headlines, content fields, and from fields. Sending your message with perfect timing. The Time Travel option allows you to choose the day and time you want the emails sent out to your customers.
As part of GetResponse's vision and mission to make this autoresponder an all-in-one marketing platform.
They have made it possible that you can now build a website with no coding and graphic design skills.
Only by following on-screen prompts.
The best part is even a beginner can build a website. Their Free plan allows you to access this feature.
Create Website Feature
This feature is found in the main menu. You start by clicking create website button. Information you need in order to speed up the process. Your brand colours...their hex codes, name of your website, and logo.
What type is your business, the kind of website you want for example coaching website. This enables AI to choose the best options that are suitable for your business.
The next step will be for you to decide if you want to do it yourself by either using a ready-made template. Which you can customise by using a drag and drop editor.
Or make use of an AI-powered builder and very soon you will be able to import your website to GetResponse.
Earlier on I mentioned the information you need in order to speed up your website building process. In this step, you just plug in your type of business and the kind of website you want to build.
This is if you decide to use an AI-powered builder. I did for this demo and look below the variety of websites you can build.
So after you have fed the AI-powered builder, it will give you 3 design choices with instructions to add the finishing touches. It tells you what to put on your pages.
Very cool...and you can alter the design. After choosing one by clicking use this design.
I choose the middle one and it immediately launches you into the editor. So you can edit your pages. If you ever get stuck there's 24/7 support on the left side of the screen.
If you need to provide GetResponse with feedback. You just click that feedback yellow button.
There are instructions all over the place about what to do with the icons in this editor. You can make your website mobile-friendly by previewing and making some changes as you see fit.
Once you are done editing, the next step will take you to connect your domain or use GetResponse Free Subdomains.
You need to name your website and when you decide to use the free subdomain there are 3 to choose from. The next big step will be to publish and that is all there is to it.
I chose a free subdomain and that is how the URL(Uniform Resource Locators) or simply the address of your website will look like. It is quick and easy to use the website builder feature.
You can check it out for yourself using the Free Forever Plan.
You can create different workflows and automation messages. Either starting from scratch or by using a ready-made template.
The following are types of templates available:
- Lead Qualifying
- Engagement and Retention
- Abandoned Cart
- Online Courses
- Webinars and Events
- Sales Promotions
- Affiliate Marketing
Below is what the screen looks like when you choose to do automation from the main menu...
GetResponse has more information on how to use templates to build workflows. Below is a visual representation of all the automation sequences you can create a workflow for.
Now that you know you can do automation according to your business goals and needs. Making use of pre-built template sequences or starting from scratch.
It is worth mentioning that this feature is available when you upgrade to the PLUS plan.
To see marketing automation being done in GetResponse below is a video that will walk you through a series of automation.
- You are now able to host a live webinar right inside the platform.
- On-demand webinars and recordings are stored for whenever you need to use them.
- I must mention that you need a plus pricing plan to access these features.
- And a professional plan allows you to host paid webinars.
The video below will show you how to create a webinar...
Webinars are accessible:
- On the Plus pricing plan and up to 100 people can attend your live webinar, with 3 hours of recording storage and 3 presenters.
- On the Pro pricing plan, 300 attendees are allowed, with 6 hours of recording storage and 3 presenters.
- And up to 1 000 people on the Max custom pricing plan and 20 hours of recording storage with 3 presenters.
This feature eliminates the need for webinar software like Webinarjam and cuts down your costs for running your business.
Webinarjam pricing plan and what you get compared to GetResponse Webinar is as follows:
- Starter allows you 100 attendees, 1 host priced at $39 per month.
- While Basic plan you can have 500 attendees and 2 hosts at $79 per month.
- The professional plan allows 2 000 attendees and 4 hosts and is priced at $229 per month.
- With the Enterprise plan, you can have 6 hosts and 5 000 attendees at $379 per month.
This feature allows you to create and manage your different ads within GetResponse. It is worth mentioning the types of ads that you can manage on this platform.
They are Facebook ads including Instagram and Google ads. This is a wonderful integration letting you do everything within one window.
To see a Facebook ad being created within GetResponse. Check out the following video...
- You can create a landing page from scratch like the example given below. Or using pre-designed templates that you can easily customise.
- A/B Testing is available and a thank you page which you either can customise or use their default one.
- Landing pages can be made mobile responsive by previewing using mobile and editing.
- The landing page editor has a drag and drop functionality built into it of all the elements situated on right.
This is an example landing page I made and you have an option to add your custom domain or use GetResponse subdomains.
You can make the landing page GDPR compliant and enable cookies all in GetResponse.
- This feature will allow you to increase your conversions.
- There are ready-made campaigns that you can use to grow your list, sell online and build your brand recognition.
- It comes with preloaded lead magnets.
The video below will show you how to create a full sales funnel from scratch...
You might want to see the pictorial presentation as mentioned in the video.
Say your traffic might be coming from Facebook, Social Ads, and Instagram.
It is received with a free offer to signup and thus enters the top of the funnel.
This feature allows you to see the journey your customers will take, sales if any, and the return on investment (ROI).
Web Push Notifications.
- This feature allows you to send notifications to your customers via their desktop web browser or mobile web browser.
- The main aim is to influence conversions.
- They can be used to let customers know about what is new on your website. Thus keeping your website top of mind.
- Web Push Notifications are a free feature, although you can only unlock this feature by having either a Pro plan or Max Custom Pricing Plan.
Below is a video, that will show you how to set up Web Push Notifications inside of GetResponse.
This allows you to send marketing messages using text to people who have consented to receive messages from your business.
These text messages can be promotional campaigns or transactional messages to communicate time-sensitive offers, updates, and alerts.
This feature is only available to Max custom pricing plan.
Click here to learn more about how to create and send an SMS.
If you want a GetResponse alternative that will allow you to send SMS for Free.
Sendinblue offers an SMS Marketing feature on the Free plan and on a pay-as-you-go basis.
Integrations in GetResponse are categorised based on what you want to achieve within your business.
And they are as follows:
- Adding Contacts
- Adding Products
- This feature will allow you to chat live with your customers.
- Word of warning is that to benefit from this feature you need to check for when messages as and when they come through.
- Otherwise, if chat is not manned it will give a negative user experience.
For more information about the benefits of Chats for your business, please check out the video below...
- To create a form in GetResponse you can choose to use a list builder wizard.
- This allows you to access templates to build the form type you want.
- Before you begin you might want to check out a cool tool called colour magic. Which lets you use your brand colours by typing in your website URL. Your website colours will appear on all form templates.
Templates are categorised as follows:
- Newsletter Sign-up
- Free Course Sign-up
- Event Sign-up
- Free Download
- Leave Feedback
- Ask a question
Formats you can choose from are:
- Side Column...220px x 300px
- Wide Column...460px x 250px
- Wider Column...700px x 200px
- Max Column...940px x 150px
- Square Column...460px x 460px
Once you decide on your template you will be launched into the editor so you can edit and make it mobile responsive.
There is a thank you page that can be customised and made mobile responsive.
If you choose to use list builder apps, they are found in a variety of formats as shown below...
If you prefer using integrations that connect with Getresponse to build forms.
They have got you covered with the following apps:
- Facebook Web Form App
- WooCommerce Plugin
- Drupal Integration.
So how much is GetResponse monthly?...
Below... I will delve deeper into pricing and most of the differences in pricing plans.
This email marketing autoresponder has different pricing plans based on the number of contacts and they are:
- Free Forever plan is great for beginners and up to 500 contacts.
- Basic plan starts @ $19 per month up to 1 000 contacts.
- Plus plan starts @ $59 per month up to 1 000 contacts.
- Professional plan starts @ $119 per month up to 1 000 contacts.
- Max Plan for Mid to Large Businesses. They do custom pricing.
So the differences in pricing plans are all about the features that are available to you and the size of your contacts.
Let us look at what is available on the Free plan:
Email Marketing you can send unlimited emails per month.
- Create newsletters using the visual email editor, HTML editor, and Custom HTML.
- There are pre-designed templates and have Custom DKIM. Click tracking and Spam check.
Website Builder, you can build your own website.
- Either using AI Creator or predesigned templates. And connect your domain, using up to 5GB of bandwidth.
- You have access to the Image Gallery and Gifs. SSL Security and Contact forms, Signup Forms, and Popups to help you grow your business.
- There are SEO settings available to enable ranking your website. You are allowed to build up to 10 subpages.
Landing Pages you can build only 1 page, assign your custom domain, and are allowed up to 1 000 visitors.
A free plan allows only one user and you can increase security by applying two-factor authentication.
List Management you can import contacts into GetResponse.
- And also export your contacts if you decide to use a different autoresponder for your business.
You have access to reports on your dashboard and you can export them too.
This is such a generous free plan so far and you can get going as a beginner creating an email list of up to 500 contacts.
The following features are common to the basic, plus, pro, and max pricing plans with a few exceptions.
- Mobile apps
- Chats except for basic pricing plan.
- Ecommerce Tools
- Signup Forms
- Conversion Funnels
- Paid Ads except for Max custom pricing plan.
- Omnichannel only for Pro and Max pricing plans.
- Transactional Emails are for Max custom pricing plan only.
- Webinars except on the basic pricing plan.
- List Management
- Platform and Support
- Landing Pages
- Website Builder
- Email Marketing
Full access to all GetResponse features is only available on the Max Custom pricing plan with the only exception of paid ads. These are Google ads, Facebook ads, and lead extension.
Overall GetResponse gives its customers:
- Unlimited email sends per month across all plans.
- An 18% discount to pricing plans who choose to pay annually or on a 12 month period.
- A generous discount for customers who choose to pay for a 24 month or 2 year period upfront at 30%.
- Nonprofits get 50% or 30% off every plan per month.
- Unlimited landing pages and visitors across all paid plans.
How does GetResponse compare on pricing to its competitors on the market?...
Constant Contact is a close competitor of GetResponse based on having a website builder.
- As far as price is concerned GetResponse is the most affordable with its starting price of $19 per month up to 1 000 contacts.
- Compared to Constant Contact starting price of $9.99 up to 500 contacts for the Core plan and $45 up to 500 contacts for their Plus plan.
Another GetResponse competitor based on pricing alone per number of contacts is Active Campaign.
- Pricing starts at $29 per month up to 1 000 contacts and it is called Lite. While GetResponse's starting price is $19 up to 1 000 contacts for its basic plan.
As you can see GetResponse remains competitive and affordably priced. Which is in line with their mission.
GetResponse Pros and Cons:
- GetResponse is the best email marketing autoresponder and is also the most affordable on the market compared to other email marketing software.
- It is a great email marketing tool and in it, you can create a wide range of emails using predesigned templates for both mass emails and personalised ones too.
- Their pricing is not prohibitive at all and you hit the ground running with their Free forever plan.
- It has some really good features that make it stand out from its competitors so I would recommend using GetResponse as your email marketing software.
The video below is a testimonial about why it is the best and most affordable complete marketing software.
GetResponse Rating Summary:
When choosing an autoresponder there are key factors that can help you in your decision-making process.
I have reduced them to an easy 5 and they are:
- Ease of use
- Good trial period
- Marketing automation
So this how GetResponse scores based on these metrics as shown below:
If you prefer a visual walkthrough of all the features. Below is a video on how to get started with GetResponse and it is a tutorial for beginners.
Getresponse Customer Support
The chat support is manned 24/7 and it is almost instant and I found the answers to everything I have ever asked them. Unfortunately, there is no phone support but chat support makes up for it.
Only customers on Max custom pricing plan have access to phone support and some selected customers have slack support.
There is no support available whatsoever if you are on the free plan, which is a bit disappointing.
This is what they have to say and for more information on how good is your email deliverability.
At GetResponse we are frequently asked about the quality of our deliverability rate. Because deliverability depends on many factors, including the content of your messages, the deliverability rate could vary for each mailing. For all our customers collectively, however, we are proud to say our overall deliverability rate currently stands at 99%.
Widgets are created automatically and added to the dashboard whenever you create autoresponders, automation, lists or contacts, landing pages, forms, and newsletters.
So that you can see their performance at a glance.
GetResponse Review Summary:
We have covered what GetResponse is, its Features, Pricing, Pros and Cons, GetResponse Conclusion, and GetResponse Rating Summary.Below is what GetResponse is and all the other tools found inside in a nutshell.
- email marketing, autoresponders, automation, webinars, chats.
- a conversion funnel, landing pages, forms, paid ads, and website builder.
Stores and Products
- You can add your store and products or services. So you can see them right in your account.
- If they are any orders they will be displayed too. This feature is fantastic if you are selling products or services.
Integrations and API
- GetResponse integrates with a variety of apps and platforms like WordPress, PayPal, Facebook, WooCommerce, and many more.
- Application Programming Interface(API) allows GetResponse to communicate with another platform. You would create a key in GetResponse that you would use to connect your interface.
- GetResponse is now mobile and there's a choice of two apps. One is for the all-in-one marketing platform and the other is a Social Ads Creator app for doing Facebook ads.
- They are both available on Android and iOS devices. The image below shows you how to get the apps once you log out of your desktop or laptop.
Files and Images
- GetResponse allows you access to 2 million FREE images from Shutterstock which you can use throughout this email marketing suite.
- The images library is accessible when using email editors for email marketing, creating autoresponders, and setting up automation messages. While using the landing page editor, conversion funnel builder, and signup forms editor.
- You will find these Free images by adding an image block to your marketing campaigns. Or select the Free GetResponse images tab in the files and images manager.
So how does GetResponse behave towards nonprofit organisations or businesses?
You can learn more about GetResponse nonprofit program in this article... Best Autoresponders For Nonprofits.
So this autoresponder has a bit of competition on the market and I will cover the differences.
Based on Core Features which are:
- Email Marketing
- Marketing Automation
- Landing Pages Creator
- Conversion Funnels
There are other email marketing services you can use but I will mention only 5.
These five email marketing software stand as alternatives and they are:
- Aweber except for webinars and Conversion Funnels
- ActiveCampaign except for Webinars and Conversion Funnels
- Campaign Monitor except for Webinars, Landing Pages Creator, and Conversions Funnels.
- Convertkit except for Webinars, Autoresponders, and Conversion Funnels.
- EmailOctopus except for Marketing Automation, Webinars, and Conversion Funnels.
So, what makes GetResponse reign supreme and very good for beginners:
- GetResponse does not have an alternative yet when it comes to having the ability to host Webinars.
- It is the only email marketing platform that supports Amazon payments integration.
- They are the only Email Service Provider(ESP) to have Polish Speaking Support among other languages.
- Slack support for Max Custom pricing plan customers.
- GetResponse's e-commerce tools like Stores and Products centre make it stand out.
- List building funnels make it the only email software with that feature.
- Free Design app called Social Ads Creator.
- Mobile view optimisation feature on Signup forms.
- Conversion funnels they have no competitors.
- A/B Testing of landing pages.
- Royalty-Free stock photos.
So, in this GetResponse Review, I hope we have covered all the things that you wanted to know about this email marketing autoresponder.
You can see that it is very good for beginners. Simply because of their Free Forever plan.
If you are on a budget any savings towards a tool, plugin, and software counts.
It is simple and easy to use and has generous features on the free plan and is an all-in-one platform.
GetResponse's basic plan starting at $19 is very affordable compared to other well-known email marketing platforms for example Active Campaign which starts at $29 for the same number of contacts of 1 000.
With that being said, if you want to check it out, you can sign up for free with no credit card required, and you can cancel anytime below...
Thank you for going through this article, GetResponse User Review Find Out If Any Good For Beginners?
Now, I would love to hear what you think about this review and any other questions you might have below.