This article is a Convertkit Review-is it free and affiliate marketing friendly?
Let us answer the first part of the question that is if it is free---Convertkit offers a free plan forever.
The next question about Convertkit is that is it affiliate marketing friendly.
The short answer is Yes and the long answer is there are conditions you have to follow and I will get into them shortly.
I will cover the following about Convertkit:
- Pros and Cons
- Product rating
- Customer support
But first what is Convertkit?...let us find out more below this picture of their homepage.
- Convertkit is an email marketing software built for creators.
- Nathan Barry founded this software tool in 2013.
- Its mission is to help creators earn a living online.
- They offer you 2 months free if you choose to be on the annual plan.
- You can get started using a free plan that allows you to create an email list of up to 1 000 subscribers.
- There is also a 14 day trial of the premium plans called Creator and Creator Pro.
- Convertkit makes it easy to grow your audience, connect with your fans, and earn a living online.
Let us delve deep into the features found in this email marketing service.
Convertkit Features Are:
- Landing pages
- Email Sign up forms
- Email Marketing
- Email designer
I am going to explain each and every feature as follows:
1. Landing Pages
This is a tool that will help you build an email list. If you do not have a website you can make use of hosted landing pages in Convertkit and if you have a website you can embed signup forms to collect leads.
Below is what you find inside this email marketing service for landing pages and sign-up forms.
I like the demo because it walks you through the entire process. This is very good if you are new to the platform or are a beginner at email marketing.
If you want to know the advantages of email marketing in small businesses go here.
And for more information on Convertkit's forms click here!
So Convertkit allows integrations with a lot of Customer Relationship Management(CRM), Content Management Systems (CMS), and apps to suit every creator's needs.
You can integrate with Convertkit using your API key.
Zapier allows you to access more integrations for example with Facebook, PayPal, Squarespace, Calendly, and Typeform among others.
You can integrate your Convertkit account with e-commerce platforms, lead capture, webinar services, Membership & Courses, Surveys & Quizzes, Website Platforms, and for a full list visit here.
3. Email Marketing
- This is the main function of Convertkit and it is built to be simple and easy to use for creators.
- You can send broadcast emails to your email subscribers about various aspects of your business..
- There are email templates for you to use. This does come in handy if you have no design skills.
- You can add your brand colours. All this can be done using a free forever plan.
- Your business can automate your emails by creating sequences like welcome series only when you upgrade to the creator pricing plan.
- The image above is inside Convertkit's dashboard whereby clicking on Send, you will be able to start either creating a broadcast email or creating an automated email sequence.
Convertkit's mission is to help creators earn a living online. So they have added a commerce feature that allows you to monetise your work.
They say you can...
After you click on create a product the following image is what will show up...
Convertkit has made it so easy to do e-commerce as you can see, it only takes 3 steps to be up and running selling your content.
You can sell ebooks, paid newsletters, music, presets, coaching, and many more.
Allows you to run your business on autopilot. You create different types of email sequences that get sent out when a condition you set has been met. So for example when someone subscribes to your email list. They are immediately sent a welcome email.
There are so many uses of automation that can benefit your business.
Below is a walk-through of how to set it up as shown by Angel Marie who is a creator educator at Convertkit...
Now that you are familiar with the features found in Convertkit, next up is to take a look at the pricing.
This email marketing software comes in 3 plans and they are:
- Free Plan enables you to create an email list of up to 1 000 subscribers.
- Creator Plan allows you to access automation and you can start paying $15 per month and build an email list of up to 300 subscribers.
- Creator Pro plan gives you full access to the email marketing service features and the price starts at $29 per month and up to 300 subscribers.
The image above shows how caring Convertkit is by allowing you to enjoy automation if you signup for the Creator pricing plan starting @ $15 and if you would rather have access to all of Convertkit's features you can do so by upgrading to the Creator Pro plan that starts at $29 per month for up to 300 subscribers.
Otherwise, if your list is over 300 subscribers and you want access to automation then the starting price is $29 per month up to 1 000 subscribers and for full access to the email marketing platform, the price starts @ $59 per month up to 1 000 subscribers.
So far so good but no review will be complete without looking at the pros and cons and that is coming up next...
Convertkit Pros & Cons
- Convertkit has found an angle to establish itself as the only go-to email autoresponder for content creators.
- Giving you access to landing pages you can create using prebuilt templates and they will host it for you.
- You can earn a living by selling your products or services using the commerce feature which you can set up in 3 simple steps.
- Having been established in 2013 the founder is hands on the platform and they are always adding new features.
- The free plan allows you to run your business free-forever using email marketing and commerce feature without paying.
- This makes it suitable for beginners to email marketing.
- Email support is the best so far because they say it is manned which means whenever an email is received it is acted upon instantly.
When looking for alternatives only one email marketing provider stands out for me and that is Mailerlite.
It comes with a free plan that allows you to have up to 1 000 subscribers which is the same number that you can build up to in Convertkit.
If email support on a free plan is what you want, then Mailerlite provides that for you while using the free plan.
In terms of pricing when you decide to upgrade the starting price is $10 and allows you up to 1 000 subscribers.
Mailerlite gives you a 30% discount on an annual plan while Convertkit gives you 2 months free on an annual plan.
What makes Mailerlite the best alternative to Convertkit is that you have access to all features once you upgrade from the free plan. Unlike Convertkit which limits access to some features when you take up the Creator plan.
Although Mailerlite is a cut above as far as email marketing is concerned. Convertkit's commerce feature would persuade me to choose them.
Convertkit Rating Summary
This is how Convertkit scores based on the 5 key deciding factors that you should consider when choosing your email marketing autoresponder.
Now that you have seen how good Convertkit is based on those key deciding factors when choosing an email marketing service.
You would want to know how good their support is and let's dive right into...
Convertkit Customer Support
- It is unfortunate that the free plan is limited to community support only.
- The Creator plan does come with live chat and email support which is as good as chat.
- Creator Pro plan users get priority support on live chat and email.
While you have to consider many factors when choosing your email marketing platform, email deliverability is one of the most important factors to consider.
With that in mind let us find out what has to say about their...
Below is what they have to say...
Your subscribers are going to be having email addresses from those 5 major email providers and this is pretty good news to have it in writing. If you would like to read more into ConvertKit's email deliverability go here.
Conclusion of Convertkit Review-Is It Free And Affiliate Marketing Friendly?
This has been a deep dive into what is Convertkit, features, pricing, pros and cons, product rating summary, email marketing autoresponder alternative, their customer support, and email marketing deliverability.
I hope by going through this article it has helped you decide if Convertkit is an email marketing software you would want to use in your business.
When you signup for a free plan, Convertkit gives you 14 days trial of the premium features. So you can take advantage of that offer and have a comprehensive feel of the platform before you stay.
If you are not happy with the platform, this is what they have to say below...
That is all I have for you in this article titled as follows Convertkit Review-Is It Free And Affiliate Marketing Friendly?
Thank you for taking your time to read through this article.
I would love to hear what you think about this review and even your own experiences with Convertkit.
Please leave your comments below or contact me with any questions you might have.
If you think someone might benefit from reading this article, feel free to share or tweet and as usual, the choice is entirely yours.